Pen drive’s write protection problem is a very common kind of external storage device problem. Most of the times when we want to delete some data from the pen drive or another external storage medium like memory cards or External HDD, a pop-up box appears which shows a message like “The disk is write protected, remove write-protection or use another disk”. Removing write protection from pen drive is a hard job, Even we can’t format a write protected external drive. If we try to format a write protected drive then also we will get a message that “The disk is write protected”
It gets very tough to remove the write protection from their external medias. Let’s see a method through which we can solve the problem.
1. Insert your pen drive into your computer. Press win+r button to open run command.
2. Type Regedit, in run prompt and press enter. This will open registry editor on your computer.
3. Now in registry editor, Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies.
4. Once done, Double click on the key “WriteProtect” in the right pane and set the value of “Value Data” section to 0. And then press ok.
5. Exit Registry Editor and Restart your system.
That all what you need to do to solve the problem.
Need any help or have any suggestion, feel free to comment down below. 🙂